community Esports tournament
Esports is quickly becoming one of the most popular career options for today’s youth. Esports is about so much more than playing video games; it’s all about critical thinking, problem-solving, and maintaining a positive healthy lifestyle.
This booming industry is spreading around the globe and shows potential to become a pillar of the entertainment sector. Esports can be a valuable gateway into technology-related jobs such as robotics, graphic design, web design, and more as well as presenting exciting opportunities for those interested in business, marketing, health and wellness.
Being a part of an Esports team while in school can help students to discover their passion for a career in the tech industry. Students learn valuable skills like cooperation and collaboration, strategic thinking, and digital citizenship that can help them in the 21st-century job market.
Education + eSports = EdSports. Our Esports tournaments are designed for passionate students to engage with gaming in a meaningful way. Our tournaments are more than a competition, they are about creating a safe and exciting community where students, parents, and educators can learn about one of the fastest growing industries in the world today. No prior experience with Esports is necessary; all are welcome!
Throughout the day, educational workshops will be run for students, parents, and teachers to learn from professionals in the industry and gain insights on how Esports provides opportunities to build critical skills for success.
Our tournaments consist of four main areas; the main stage competition, a free play zone, a drop-in activity zone, and an educational workshop/panels area.
MAIN STAGE/FREE PLAY ZONE
The main stage and free play areas allow gamers of all levels of experience to play popular Esports games. No prior experience is necessary! Our educational tournaments will feature the following games throughout the year:
- Rocket League
- Super Smash Bros.
- League of Legends
- and more…!
Throughout the day, educational workshops will be run for students, parents, and teachers to learn from professionals in the industry and gain insights on how Esports provides opportunities to build critical skills for success. Workshops and panel topics include:
- The Benefits of Esports in Education
- Careers in Esports
- Pro-Player Q&A’s
- Getting Started in Game Development
- Broadcasting and Streaming
- Health in Esports
- and more…!
- In between rounds, attendees will get a chance to explore vendors, take a mindfulness break, or attend a hands-on workshop as they wait for their next round to start. Our activity zone will features highlights such as:
- Mindfulness area
- Girls in Gaming
- Teacher Zone
- Food Area
- Vendor Booths
- Board/Card Game Area
- and more…!
Looking to Attend or Host a Tournament?
- Follow these steps to prepare yourself and your team for any upcoming EdSports Tournament event near you!
- Gather some friends and create a team (or participate solo)
- Create a team name, logo, and brand
- Choose the game(s) that you would like to compete with
- Find the next EdSports tournament for your game(s) of choice
- Practice, practice, practice
- Register yourself and/or your team
- Wait for us to send you more details!