A SPECIAL NOTE FOR PARENTS AND LEGAL GUARDIANS:
A SPECIAL NOTE TO KIDS:
If you are under 13, you may not register for an account or provide any personal information (such as your contact information, like your e-mail address or phone number) to us. Please seek the assistance or your parent or legal guardian.
- Personal Information Related to Children
Although we may collect certain information about children under 13 that a parent or legal guardian provides to us, we do not intend to, or knowingly, collect personal information from children under the age of 13 in conjunction with our Site or Services. . If we are aware of a child under the age of 13 attempting to register to use any of the Services, we will not accept the registration. Once we become aware of a child under the age of 13 providing personal information in conjunction with our Services, we will delete that information. If your child has provided personal information in this context, or if you otherwise would like your child’s information deleted, please contact us at the contact information below so we can delete it.
- Parents can review or have deleted their child’s personal information, and refuse to permit further collection or use of their child’s information at any time. To do this, parents should send us their request via email to email@example.com
- Information we collect
When you use our Site or Services, you agree that we may collect the following personal information about you and/or your child (as applicable):
- name, address, telephone number and email address; and
- information about your computer or device, operating system, Internet connection and settings, IP address, device locational data, transaction data and cookies.
We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us and automatically as you navigate through the Site (including through cookies or web beacons).
You agree that all information that you give us will, at any time, be true and complete. If any personal information changes or becomes inaccurate or out of date, you agree to advise us so we can update our records.
- Using the information we collect
We use the personal information you have agreed to provide us for the following purposes:
- to provide you with access to the Site and ongoing Services;
- to understand and meet your needs and preferences;
- to determine the suitability of, and your eligibility for, our Services;
- to address problems with and improve our Site and Services; and
- to develop new products or features, enhance the existing Site, and to communicate with you about them using various means, for example to make available or send to you upgrades or updates, or notices of upgrades or updates of the Site.
We will retain your and your child’s personal information only for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law and for reasonable backup, archival, audit, or other similar purposes.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in this Policy, we may remove personal identifiers from your and your child’s information and maintain and use it in a de-identified form that may be combined with other information to generate aggregated information. Such de-identified and/or aggregated information will be deemed to be owned by us and we shall have unrestricted title, rights, and interest to the de-identified and/or aggregated information which may include, without limitation, the right to use, distribute, transmit, transfer, license, trade, rent, share, assign, and sell the de-identified and/or aggregated information.
- Disclosure of your personal information
In accordance with this Policy, we may share your and your child’s personal information:
- within our company and/or with our service providers such as a cloud service provider in Canada or the United States for data storage;
- with our financial, insurance, legal, accounting or other advisors that provide professional services to us;
- if we have your consent or in the case of a child, consent of such child’s parent or legal guardian;
- as necessary to complete any transactions while using our Site;
- to respond to a subpoena, order, legal process, or government request;
- to protect, establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- to investigate, detect, suppress, prevent or take action regarding illegal or prohibited activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the reputation or physical safety of any person;
- as otherwise required by law; or
- if we are to be sold, merged, or amalgamated or substantially all of our assets are to be sold or disposed of, your personal information may be transferred to a potential purchaser if, and to the extent necessary, it is required for the purposes of deciding whether to proceed with the proposed transaction and completing it. If such a sale, merger, acquisition, or disposal is completed, we will use reasonable efforts to direct the transferee to use personal information you have provided to us in a manner that is consistent with this Policy. Following such a sale or transfer, you may contact the entity to which we transferred your personal information with any inquiries concerning the processing of that information.
- Refusing or withdrawing consent
Subject to legal or contractual restrictions, you can refuse to consent to our collection, use or disclosure of information about you or your child, or you may withdraw your consent to our further collection, use or disclosure of your information at any time in the future by giving us reasonable notice. However, depending on the circumstances, withdrawal of your consent may prevent us from providing you, or continuing to provide you, with some Services, means of access to the Site and Services, or information that may be of value to you. We will act on your instructions as quickly as possible but there may be certain uses of your information that we may not be able to stop immediately.
- Access to your information
You may ask for access to any personal information that we hold about you or your child. Summary information will be available within a reasonable period of time on request. More detailed requests which require archive or other retrieval costs may be subject to any costs and expenses we incur in retrieving same. We may deny access when denial of access is authorized by law or may unreasonably compromise the confidentiality of another person’s personal information.
- Electronic Communication
Stem Minds does not guarantee the confidentiality of any communications made via e-mail or otherwise through our Site. If you wish to provide information of a confidential or sensitive nature to Stem Minds, please connect with your Stem Minds contact directly by telephone to arrange for delivery/transmission of such information by secure means.
- Third Party Websites and Services
If you wish to refuse consent or to withdraw consent as outlined in this Policy or if you have any questions related to this Policy or the handling of personal information by Stem Minds, please feel free to contact us at:
Stem Minds Corp.
212 Earl Stewart Dr
Aurora, ON L4G 6V7
Effective Date: August 1, 2020