STEM Minds School Workshop / Field Trip Policies
Teacher and Student Behaviour & Safety Policies (Mandatory Acceptance)
STEM Minds strives to provide the highest level of safety and enjoyment to all participants and staff during its programming. We have developed these policies to support this mission.
- Coarse language, bullying, non-compliance, aggressive or inappropriate behaviour, and behaviour that significantly impacts the safety or enjoyment of staff or other participants are not permitted.
- Teachers/supervising adults are responsible for discussing appropriate behaviours with the students in attendance.
- Teachers/supervising adults are responsible for notifying STEM Minds staff of any students who have physical, intellectual, or learning disabilities that need to be accommodated or of any behavioural challenges of students so that appropriate accommodations can be made.
- Teachers/supervising adults know their students best, andmodeling and monitoring appropriate student behaviour is the sole responsibility of the teachers/supervising throughout the entirety of the field trip/workshop. Active participation, such as assisting students with activities and monitoring student behaviour, is expected of all teachers/sueprvising adults
- No work created by participants should feature violent or otherwise inappropriate themes.
Our staff will make every effort to accommodate student’s needs and integrate them into programming. In the event of disciplinary action being required, STEM Minds staff will relay concerns to the teacher(s)/supervising adults who are then responsible for addressing the concerns with the student. We reserve the right to request the immediate removal of students from the facility should their behaviour cause harm to themselves, other participants, staff, or property.
Liability Waiver (Mandatory Acceptance)
I, the undersigned, for myself and sponsored dependent and guest(s), assume full responsibility for death, or any other injuries or damages which may occur to me or my sponsored guests or dependents in, on, or about the premises of the facility and do hereby fully and forever release and discharge STEM MINDS Corp. employees, officers, agents, servants and independent contractors from any and all suits, claims damages cost and expenses of every kind, in conjunction with the use of the facility and equipment thereof except that arising out of the sole negligence or willful misconduct of STEM MINDS Corp.
I, the undersigned, for myself and my sponsored dependents and guests further agree to use all related equipment, props and activity area properly and leave them in good condition. I, the undersigned, understand the activities which will be held during the program and have had my questions answered to my satisfaction. I, the undersigned, certify that the information I have given on my registration form is complete and accurate. By my agreement below, I agree to the provisions of this Release of Liability Waiver for myself, for my sponsored dependents and guests, and for my heirs and assigns intending to be legally bound.
Safe & Responsible Technology Use (Mandatory Acceptance)
All technological equipment required to participate in STEM Minds programming will be provided by STEM Minds unless otherwise agreed upon. In the event that a participant brings a personal technological device, STEM Minds, its staff, and its vendors are not liable for any loss, theft, or damage that may occur. Participants are only permitted to use their personal devices during times specified by staff.
It is expected that technology and technology services supplied by STEM Minds will be used in an appropriate, responsible and safe manner. This includes, but is not limited to, all technology provided by STEM Minds and personal technologies connecting to STEM Minds network and accessing STEM Minds technology services. Use of personal devices on networks other than the STEM Minds network when used in STEM Minds learning and program environments are also subject to these policies and procedures.
All participants in STEM Minds programming who are given access to STEM Minds technology and technology services are required to know and abide by the Safe & Responsible Technology Use Policy.
Inclement Weather Policy
In the event of inclement weather, STEM MINDS reserves the right to cancel programs and workshops. A variety of factors are considered in the cancellation of programs including:
- School bus cancellations and/or school closures by our partnering school boards
- Environment Canada weather advisories and warnings
- The closure of municipal buildings, facilities and programs
In the event that a scheduled workshop is cancelled due to inclement weather, a workshop may be rescheduled at a mutually agreed upon time. In the event such a time cannot be agreed upon, STEM Minds will process a full refund of any prior payment.
Notice of workshop cancellation due to inclement weather will be sent via email to the address provided upon registration.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
In order to request a refund, please email us at email@example.com with your name and school’s name. Workshops can be cancelled and fully refunded up to 48 hours prior to the scheduled date. Workshops cancelled after 48 hours will be subject to a $100 cancellation fee. All remaining funds will be refunded. Cancellations due to inclement weather are fully refundable.
In order to finalize your booking for any STEM Minds Field Trip or In School Workshop, this form must be completed and submitted.